These are the rules, terms and conditions for entrants in the Western Cape Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards Competition. Please ensure you read them carefully as they include permission to use photographs of entrants as well as important requirements which, if not met, may result in your entry being removed from consideration.
A. GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. By entering the Western Cape Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards Competition (“the competition”), the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions, regardless of whether the entry form is fully completed, signed or not.
2. Any entry which is found to be partially or fully incomplete, non-compliant with the Awards criteria, illegible or otherwise substantially deficient or ill-prepared; or which is submitted after the closing date and time, may be withdrawn from consideration, without notice and at the sole discretion of the organisers.
3. The entrant confirms that all information provided is true and accurate. Any entry containing false or misleading information may be withdrawn from consideration, without notice and at the sole discretion of the organisers.
4. The decision of the adjudicators and organisers with regard to eligibility, scoring and the allocation of Awards shall be final.
5. Entrants are required to co-operate as far as reasonably possible with the organisers in respect of the provision and verification of information and site visits, and any failure to provide all reasonable co-operation may result in withdrawal from consideration.
6. Entry may only be made by means of the official online forms.
7. The entrant grants permission to the organisers of the competition to have their photograph taken and/or be filmed, without prior notice, during site visits and attendance at any competition meeting or event; and for any such photograph or film to be used without payment of any consideration in printed, online (internet), video or other promotional or competition-related communication, press release or article, without prior notice.
8. Any cash prizes awarded shall only be paid into the primary bank account of the business entity which is being entered. No cash prizes shall be paid into any individual’s bank account save where the business is a sole proprietorship and the proprietor and business share a bank account. The organisers reserve the right to require and request proof that the bank account is that of the entered entity, and the consent of all directors to payment being made into such account.
9. The organisers reserve the right to change, without prior or any notice other than on the competition website, the dates, entry forms and requirements, adjudication process, criteria, categories and any other competition feature and process, in the interests of fairness, transparency, or where operational circumstances require such change.
10. Business ideas or existing businesses in the tobacco, firearms (excepting sporting use), alcohol, adult (sex) and gambling / wagering industries will not be considered for the Awards.
11. A business which operates in the Western Cape, but is a branch, franchise or subsidiary of a company whose primary operations are outside the Western Cape is not eligible to enter.
12. All information shall be handled with the necessary confidentiality and care, subject to the Department’s right to publish information about the winning entrants as set out herein before.
13. Previous entrants may enter the competition. However, previous category winners may not enter the same business for three consecutive years, but may enter with a new or different business idea or business.
14. I confirm that any and all intellectual property which forms part of my/our business and my/our entry, is the property of the entering business and/or its owners and directors, or that any third-party intellectual property used in our business or entry is used with the permission of the owners thereof, and in this regard we indemnify the organisers and the Western Cape Government against any claim from any third party in relation to the unauthorised use of any intellectual property.
15. All competition prizes are non-negotiable.
16. In view of the fact that business models, plans, processes and performance are dynamic and subjective, no correspondence will be entered into with regard to the adjudicators’ comments, and the adjudicators will not be identified individually.
17. I warrant that I am authorised to represent the business or entity being entered. I understand, accept and agree to abide by the rules, terms and conditions of the Western Cape Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards, on behalf of myself and the business I represent.
By registering on this website, and entering the competition, you accept and agree to abide by these rules.
For technical support, please enter your details below: