Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards
The Western Cape Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards 2019 (WCERA) is the second edition of a competition that recognizes the achievements and potential of some of the Province’s most exciting entrepreneurs
By acknowledging and showcasing successful entrepreneurs, this awards competition is helping to build a culture of entrepreneurship in the Western Cape – and in turn, support the creation of job opportunities by small and medium businesses.
Previous category winners may not enter with the same business for three consecutive years. However, previous category winners may enter a new or different business or idea. Government employees (local, provincial and national government departments) are not permitted to enter the WCERA competition.
Entries close on 30 August 2019 at 18:00. Late entries will not be accepted
To qualify, entrants must reside in the Western Cape and have:
There are 6 categories in the competition
Entrants may not enter more than one category with the same business
|1st Prize||2nd Prize|
|R25 000.00||R15 000.00|
All of the above prizes are non-negotiable and non-transferable
Entrepreneur of the Year Award
The winner of each category is also eligible for the Entrepreneur of the Year Award. The overall winner will be judged on the ability of the business to sustain/create jobs and to increase its turn- over in the medium to long-term.
Register today to enter and win R25,000
Register & enter for freE
The Western Cape Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards competition has two phases leading up to the actual Awards event itself.
1. CALL FOR ENTRIES
This phase runs from 12 August to 30 August 2019
You can enter via the online form on this website, or using one of the printed paper entry forms available from Seda branches, The Business Place branches and the Western Cape Provincial Government’s Department of Economic Development & Tourism (a full list is available on request).
Download manual entry forms:
By email: scan the completed entry form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: PO Box 4468 George-East 6539
By fax: 086 410 8412
2. SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS (JUDGING):
A panel of experienced and independent judges will evaluate all entries using a standard scoring system.
3. AWARDS EVENT
The WCERA 2019 Awards Gala evening will take place in November 2019
These are the rules, terms and conditions for entrants in the Western Cape Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards Competition. Please ensure you read them carefully as they include permission to use photographs of entrants as well as important requirements which, if not met, may result in your entry being removed from consideration.
COMPETITION RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A. GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. By entering the Western Cape Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards Competition (“the competition”), the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions, regardless of whether the entry form is fully completed, signed or not.
2. Any entry which is found to be partially or fully incomplete, non-compliant with the Awards criteria, illegible or otherwise substantially deficient or ill-prepared; or which is submitted after the closing date and time, may be withdrawn from consideration, without notice and at the sole discretion of the organisers.
3. The entrant confirms that all information provided is true and accurate. Any entry containing false or misleading information may be withdrawn from consideration, without notice and at the sole discretion of the organisers.
4. The decision of the adjudicators and organisers with regard to eligibility, scoring and the allocation of Awards shall be final.
5. Entrants are required to co-operate as far as reasonably possible with the organisers in respect of the provision and verification of information and site visits, and any failure to provide all reasonable co-operation may result in withdrawal from consideration.
6. Entry may only be made by means of the official online or printed entry forms.
7. The entrant grants permission to the organisers of the competition to have their photograph taken and/or be filmed, without prior notice, during site visits and attendance at any competition meeting or event; and for any such photograph or film to be used without payment of any consideration in printed, online (internet), video or other promotional or competition-related communication, press release or article, without prior notice.
8. Any cash prizes awarded shall only be paid into the primary bank account of the business entity which is being entered. No cash prizes shall be paid into any individual’s bank account save where the business is a sole proprietorship and the proprietor and business share a bank account. The organisers reserve the right to require and request proof that the bank account is that of the entered entity, and the consent of all directors to payment being made into such account.
9. The organisers reserve the right to change, without prior or any notice other than on the competition website, the dates, entry forms and requirements, adjudication process, criteria, categories and any other competition feature and process, in the interests of fairness, transparency, or where operational circumstances require such change.
10. Business ideas or existing businesses in the tobacco, firearms (excepting sporting use), alcohol, adult (sex) and gambling / wagering industries will not be considered for the Awards.
11. A business which operates in the Western Cape, but is a branch, franchise or subsidiary of a company whose primary operations are outside the Western Cape is not eligible to enter.
12. All information shall be handled with the necessary confidentiality and care, subject to the Department’s right to publish information about the winning entrants as set out herein before.
13. Previous entrants may enter the competition. However, previous category winners may not enter the same business for three consecutive years, but may enter with a new or different business idea or business.
14. I confirm that any and all intellectual property which forms part of my/our business and my/our entry, is the property of the entering business and/or its owners and directors, or that any third-party intellectual property used in our business or entry is used with the permission of the owners thereof, and in this regard we indemnify the organisers and the Western Cape Government against any claim from any third party in relation to the unauthorised use of any intellectual property.
15. All competition prizes are non- negotiable.
B. CONDITIONS RELATING TO BUSINESS FEEDBACK AND COMMENTARY FROM ADJUDICATORS
1. I/we understand and agree that the competition and its authorised adjudicators may provide me with certain comments and feedback on certain parts of my entry, and acknowledge and agree that:
1.1 Such feedback and comments represent the views and opinions of the individual adjudicators, in their personal capacities, and not those of the organisers or the Western Cape Government or its agents;
1.2 The feedback and comments are provided in good faith only, and on the basis of the information provided, for the purpose of assisting the entrant to improve, inter alia, their business concept, model, performance, processes and competitiveness;
1.3 The comments and feedback do not purport to be, and are not offered as, professional financial, legal or technical advice;
1.4 I/we should not under any circumstances make any decisions, or take any action, whether legal, financial, technical or of any other kind, without full and thorough consideration and without first obtaining appropriate financial, legal, technical or other professional advice;
1.5 In view of the fact that business models, plans, processes and performance are dynamic and subjective, no correspondence will be entered into with regard to the adjudicators’ comments, and the adjudicators will not be identified individually.
1.6 I warrant that I am authorised to represent the business or entity being entered. I understand, accept and agree to abide by the rules, terms and conditions of the Premier’s Entrepreneurship Awards, on behalf of myself and the business I represent.
By registering on this website, and entering the competition, you accept and agree to abide by these rules
For general enquiries please use the contact details below or complete the contact form
Hard copies of the entry forms can be posted to:
PO Box 4468